Welcome to my World

Welcome to my World

Recipe for Fire Gel

I was going through a book of "keeps" the other day and ran across this recipe for Fire Gel.
I use fire gel (aka) Sterno as a fire source for my Table Top Fire Pit which I use often. 



HERE'S  THE  POST  ON HOW I MADE THE FIRE PIT

  http://glenda-jsworld.blogspot.com/search/label/HYPERTUFA%20creations






Fire Gel Recipe

WHAT YOU WILL NEED

3 oz Plain Soy Wax

1/4 cup  70%  Rubbing Alcohol  ( I use Alcohol to freshen my cans of Sterno that has been used)
Wicks 

3 regular soup cans ( I will use empty Sterno cans or small tuna cans, as that's the size that fits my TT-Fire Pit.

Directions
Melt wax in a non-stick pan.
Stir in the Alcohol with a wooden spoon, ( I would use a slotted utensil) until completely mixed.
Pour the mixture into the cans 1/4 inch from the top.
Insert the wick. * the wick should be an inch above the can lip.
Place the cans of gel in the refrigerator to cool.
After the mixture has cooled trim the wick 1/4 inch above the the rim of the can.

I've not tried this recipe but I plan to and will update the post with the experience.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and visiting my BLOG...------.http://m.smilebox.com/mobile/play?id=554877794e7a45334d5441780d0a&sb