Welcome to my World

Welcome to my World

Keep a Journal of Plants

Plant Tag
I bought simple cheap journals at the dollar store. All the plant tags that come in the plants I purchase are glued to the pages of the journal. On the bigger tags I use the whole page next to it for information on that plant. I write where I purchased the plant, what year and the plants progress or problems. I also add all the information from the back of the plant tag , such as, how much sun the plant needs etc...
 It's been really helpful in knowing when to fertilize in the Spring. 
I like this type of journal for my perennials, it's secured with an elastic band. I can store the tags until I have time to put them in the journal.

Pages from my Plant Journal;
Gladiolas 
This is why I started keeping a journal. As you can see when the  Gladiolas bloomed they  do  not look like  the ones on  the label of the pkg.


Flowering Mother of Thyme


 I keep a separate journal for seeds and annuals.. 

Keeping these journals is a lot less trouble than you think and it's sure been helpful learning where to buy and where not to buy. I was surprised at the brands of plants and where they were purchased  did depend on their success or failure. 
This was especially helpful with seeds and very small plants.







No comments :