Welcome to my World

Welcome to my World

Keeping an Aquarium Outdoors


Click on the lower right corner of the image to visit the site

This pin was my inspiration.....










Every yard sale has an aquarium......and so does my patio ....
I didn't have the energy to dig a fish pond, and I've been there, done that...not doin it again ! 
We have way too many trees and wild critters visit our yard.
We have a patio under our deck, so I put the aquarium on the retaining wall under the deck stairs. That gives it a small amount of protection form the elements and out of the bright sunlight.
  • When it rains I wrap the pump and elec plugs with Glad Press N Seal 


                        Press’n Seal® packaging product image





If you've read any of my other posts, you know I love this stuff and use it for everything.....it's the best for water-proofing and keeping things dry.

  • I take the light off and use a heavy piece of plastic to cover the aquarium during rains.
  • I think I've solved the dilemma of what to do when the water gets too warm as the Summer days become hot....I'll buy a bag of ice from the grocery store. The ice is made with filtered  and chlorine-free water.I'll just add a few cups of the ice to the aquarium as needed.
NOW....I don't have a plan for Winter....but I suspect the downstairs family room will have an aquarium come October.

No comments :