Welcome to my World

Welcome to my World

Christmas Card Addresses

For years, I've kept a folder of  Christmas card envelopes from years gone bye, for sentimental reasons and for the addresses. When postage became so expensive I narrowed my Christmas card list down to a chosen few that also took the time to remember me when they were sending out their Holiday wishes......I'm thankful to say it's a pretty long list. I tuck the folder away safely in a box of Christmas decorations until  the next year. Last night when I got out my folder of treasured envelopes I decided to create a sheet to write all my special Christmas addresses on. I'll still keep my envelopes, photo cards and handmade cards, but in a box and the folder will be downsized and will contain  these sheets of addresses.
I'm such a sentimentalist......this year for the first time in 42 years I won't be getting the many boxes of decorations filled with memories out. Five years ago we moved away from our hometown and the majority of family members that Christmas Eve has been shared with. Since then we've celebrated together, usually the week after, but it was still an event treasured. It didn't matter when we got together....it mattered that we got together. This year we will make the trip home....so I'm not going to get out the many boxes of decorations and I won't be decorating every mantel, table, stair rail, Christmas trees or light fixtures .Decorating the home for family, and making a special Christmas atmosphere  is a lot different than decorating for the dogs, my Husband and me.
Christmas cards will be the only tradition I carry out this year..........and....
I will step down from hosting Christmas with grace.

When I first learned the decision had been made they didn't want to make the trip here  I was really sad and heartbroken, then I realized I was being very selfish. They all have families, lots of small children and busy- ness that goes with the holidays. Steve and I traveling home makes much more sense.........
What does one do with so many years accumulation of  garlands, ornaments, photo posters, DVD s of Christmas past, special bowls, given as gifts, candles that have been burned for many years, angels, Santa s, laminated photos that have amused everyone as they hung from the branches of the Christmas tree, family photo cards and letters on display, as a reminder of years events from the past and last but not least the 40 year old ornaments a friend gave me to replace mine I had lost in a house fire ?
I'm sure it will all be fine and the time spent with the ones who caress your heart is really all that matters....

Here's a page I designed to keep my Christmas card addresses...
I know there are those of us that still keep an address book even-though our smart -phone controls & contains our world.


Yesterday I had a suggestion from a reader......she uses cards for her Christmas card list, so here's a card for you "card" girls.....Thanks for the suggestion and input Cherie !

This is designed with a 4x6 format.

I created this from an old Christmas card from the 1940's I purchased at a yard sale this Summer

click the card to save-as-print

This card  makes me think of times when life was simpler ...


2 comments :

Anonymous said...

I needed one of those!

Anonymous said...

Cute, but I keep mine on separate cards....easier for address changes and I can keep track of sent and received. Also alphabetical for easier lookups.