Welcome to my World

Welcome to my World

Keeping Your Dog's Eyes Clean And Stain Free







                                           My sweet Tagg

                                          




I had never owned a Pomeranian and I had some things to learn. 
Their little eyes run because their tears don't drain into the sinus cavity like other dogs.
I had tried anything and everything to make the stains go away or at least minimal.


One evening I decided to use the coconut oil on his little face where the stains were. Within two days there were no more stains and his little face was dry and clean.
When they start to tear I put a small amount of soft stage coconut oil on my finger tip and place it on the top of his nose right under his eye where the stains form. Don't worry if you get it in their eyes, unlike a lot of the products, the coconut oil does not hurt their little eyes and seems to be soothing to him.
AND did you know coconut oil is a good supplement for dogs and cats ? Start them out with very small amounts added to their diet. Small dogs can usually have 1 teaspoon per day.



Be sure you use refined or organic.



Spectrum Naturals: Organic Coconut Oil, 14 Fl Oz







I was going to write a complete post about the benefits of Coconut Oil from my personal experience, but these articles say it best.....


WebMD: Better information. Better health.New York Times

           


Benefits of Coconut Oil Pulling why i swish with coconut oil alternative health cha ching

 Look for virgin coconut oil, which is the least processed and doesn't contain trans fat.
I whip mine.

     





























28 comments :

Donna J. Shepherd said...

I've never thought to try coconut oil. Thanks for the tip!

Glenda's World said...

You're welcome, Donna.
It is a miracle for my little Pom. We tried everything, even stuff we were'nt comfortable using.
Let me hear from you if you have a testimony.
Thanks

Anonymous said...

Are you a million times sure this will help and not hurt him? He only has one eye left. This terrifies me to no end but I to am desperate he is a Shih Tzu, need I say more on the eye draining? My fur baby is not just my best friend but my therapy baby too. Plz help! Email me plz at shadow11990@comcast.net. thank you!

Unknown said...

do you put it on there and wipe it off to remove? or leave it on?

Glenda's World said...

Kali, I leave it on Tag's face. Believe it or not I does not remain oily.
Let me know how you like,it

Anonymous said...

Another simple thing that works for most dogs to prevent the tearing in the first place is to give them filtered water instead of tap to drink.

Unknown said...

Hi..can you please tell me how to use coconut oil for weight loss?
Thanks

Unknown said...

Hi .can you please tell me how to use coconut oil for weight loss?
Thanks

Unknown said...

Hi .can you please tell me how to use coconut oil for weight loss?
Thanks

Glenda's World said...

Haifa, you can CLICk on the green coconut oil box above ( lower right corner) That will take you to a site that discusses weight loss.

Glenda's World said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Glenda's World said...

Haifa, I found this article for you

http://dontmesswithmama.com/coconut-oil-can-help-lose-weight/

Hope this resolves your weight loss question

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Hi,I just wanted to say I love your web page. It's so perfectly set-up and adorable. thank you for the info. on dogs tear stains, will try it and let you know.

Glenda's World said...

Oh, thank you, Michelle.
I think you will be pleasantly surprised how well it works. My Pom loves to have it put on his pretty face.
Let me know !

Claudia Pego said...

Hi,
Do you know if it works on cats as well?
Thanks

Glenda's World said...

Claudia, I did use it on my cats.
They have since passed. One was 15 and the other was 19.
I put a little on their paw every so often, for their coat as well.

Glenda's World said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Claudia Pego said...

Thank you so much for your reply.
I'm sorry for your loss... 😓
I have 2 cats, she is 2 years old and he is 4 months. He has white fur and it's starting to show some stains.
I think I'll give it a go!
Thanks

Glenda's World said...

Thank you............for your condolences. They were special friends and I miss them almost daily.
Don't forget to let me know how they do.
I would love photos of them.
I will post them.
Big hugs

Unknown said...

So thankful to have found your page! How often do you recommend I use the coconut oil on my pup? Everyday? Every week?

Glenda's World said...

Tiny Emperess
I use it as often as needed for Tagg, my Pomeranian. He loves to roll around in raked up leaves, in the Fall. The leaves really irritate his little,eyes. It's totally harmless, unlike some of the washes. I apply it anytime I see the stains appear.
Hug your pup ❤

Christine said...

I use coconut oil on the end of my finger to rub along my dogs eye rims when they get itchy/gunky. She is elderly now and her eyes sometimes get dry and need help to keep them clean. I also use coconut oil on any dry patches on the skin. Its a win/win situation as it also give the coat a nice gloss.

Glenda's World said...

Thank you for your input Christine.

KJK said...

I just tried this on my 5 month old teddybear. My question is how many times a day do you do it? If you don’t rub it off, how do the stains disappear?

Vicki said...

I've tried coconut oil on my white Matipoo and it didn't help at all.

Tiana Organics Food Supplement said...

Helpful Information you have shared. Thank you. Give Your Pet a Healthy Skin, Better Health by using Tiana Give Your Pet a Healthy Skin, Better Health by using Tiana coconut oil supplement for dogs diet, it helps increases energy and improves digestion diet, it helps increase energy and improves digestion

Glenda's World said...
This comment has been removed by the author.