Welcome to my World

Welcome to my World

The little table I found at a yard sale




I found this little half table last fall while at a yard sale. Seems grey is my color of choice these days......
_________________________________________________________________________


I actually used a grey spray paint to paint it. I did have to sand it as it had been painted white and was in pretty rough shape.
To accent the legs I used black craft paint then went over the black with silver PLAD craft enamel with flat artist brush.




I decided to add this pair of wooden appliques I had.
. I sanded the appliques  then painted them with the black , then a heavy accent of the silver.
I didn't nail them on as they are tiny and delicate. I used a very thin coat of E6000 glue. It would have been better to have applied the applique before spraying it, but they were an afterthought and it is what it is. I don't anticipate any rough treatment as it sets in the hall away from traffic.













For the top I tore small pieces of brown craft paper into about 3 inch pieces of all shapes and decoupaged to the top, covering the entire top.


..................................................................................................................................



Over the decoupaged brown craft paper I decoupaged  this small bouquet of flowers and this saying  of faith I  printed on craft paper
.After the decoupaged table had dried  a week I finished it with a three coats of satin polyurethane

It really is pretty and the decoupaged top looks three dimensional


_________________________________________________________

  .



This site has beautiful wooden appliques and so much more  for those of you into furniture restoration
http://www.vandykes.com/category.aspx?c=512&gclid=CKamjZibhbYCFTCmPAodqgIAAw




No comments :