Welcome to my World

Welcome to my World

Memorial Day 2018





Memorial Day is an American holiday, observed on the last Monday of May, honoring the men and women who died while serving in the U.S. military. Memorial Day 2018 occurs on Monday, May 28. Originally known as Decoration Day, it originated in the years following the Civil War and became an official federal holiday in 1971. Many Americans observe Memorial Day by visiting cemeteries or memorials, holding family gatherings and participating in parades. Unofficially, it marks the beginning of the summer season.

For your Memorial Day scrapbook pages, decorating or adding to a Memorial Day bouquet, I created these tags using the majestic American Eagle.






For Memorial Day I made these Cute GIF files for your Facebook pages, 
barrowing this adorable free image from Magic Moonlight

I use GifMaker Me and Lunapic to create the files.


Veteran's Day is an event I treasure from my heart.
My Dad was killed in the Korean War.
I was 15 days old when he was killed. The life of a war orphan
is a lonely life hard to explain. How much one loves something
they never had is always replaced by the dreams that might have been.....

Here's a slideshow I created to honor my 
Dad with news paper clippings, war doccuments and old photos
( the slideshow can be paused and viewed slide by slide)
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox










1 comment :

Unknown said...

Glenda what a beautiful tribute to your dad I'm so sorry for your loss and that you never got to know him keep doing the beautiful things you do I know how much I enjoy them as others I'm sure

Hugs,
Sandy