Welcome to my World

Welcome to my World

Cranberry Orange Relish




We eat this all year long, but seems the grocery stores only stock it at Thanksgiving time, so I finally got my recipe as good as theirs. Cranberries are so good for us, we should eat them year around.


YOU WILL NEED

 1  Large Orange
1   16oz Can Whole Cranberry Sauce
1   cup water
1/2 cup  Sugar
  1. I cut a whole orange in wedges and then slice it very thin.
  2.  I cook the orange in a small sauce pan with the sugar and water. The cooking time depends on the orange, but you want it to cook down, condensing the liquid by at least half & you want the orange peel very tender.
  3. After the peel is tender and the liquid is reduced add the can of Cranberries .
  4. Continue to cook 5 minutes.
  5. Be sure the Cranberries and Orange are mixed .

* When the Oranges aren't at their most flavorful, I've added a 1/2 cup of Orange Marmalade.
'via Blog this'



Here's a simple relish I make for my husband year-around


No comments :