Welcome to my World

Welcome to my World

Ticking Papers

How many of you love ticking fabric as much as I do ?
I designed us some papers !




CLICK the color to download, save as & use.












If you would like to see all the papers I have designed  CLICK HERE



*** Editor's Note ***

Some of you might ask, what is ticking fabric... Ticking is usually made from 100% cotton or a blend of cotton and linen in a herringbone weave. In a ticking stripe you have the central coloured, broad stripe with a thin stripe either side usually in the same colour – this gives the illusion of a wider stripe without it being too bold.
With its subtle yet sophisticated striped pattern, ticking fabric is considered by many to be a classic choice for upholstery, duvets, curtains, and other decorative textiles. Ticking, a staple of classic French Country style and farmhouse décor, has a long history and very humble origins.
Ticking fabric has been around for hundreds of years—some secondhand sources I found claimed it to be more than 1,000 years old, but I couldn’t confirm. What we do know for sure is that the word ticking itself comes from the Greek word theka, which means case or covering. Until the twentieth century, ticking referred to a woven fabric, originally linen and later cotton, used as the covering for straw or feather mattresses.


Leave me comment, I love hearing from you !


 

6 comments :

Bella said...

Thank you! The pink and blue ones are my favorite! xoxo Bella

Glenda's World said...

Morning Bella,
red and blue are my favs. If I'm not careful I find myself wanting to design everything in pink !
If you have a color you would like, send me a color swatch !

Bella said...

Thank you :)

Glenda's World said...

You're so welcome, Bella.
xoxox

Toni said...

I just found you and your beautiful site! You are awesome and thank you very much for sharing!!!! God bless you!!!!

Glenda's World said...

Hi Toni,
So nice to hear from you.
Thank you for the kind words. You are very welcome.
I do hope you'll come back to my world often.