Welcome to my World

Welcome to my World

Memorial Day Tags

Let us remember why we have Memorial Day.
The holiday is to commemorate those who lost their lives while in service to the United States Armed Forces. 

CLICK the image to download, save as & print




 My Father was killed in the Korean War Conflict when I was 13 days old.
This is a slideshow I put together using newspaper clippings, letters and photos
I have tucked away in a box of 72 year old cherished memories.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow



Images I used in designing my Memorial Day Tags
CLICK the image



If you would like to see all the designs I've had requests for
CLICK HERE                                                

Leave me a comment, I love hearing from you !

5 comments :

Unknown said...

Hi Glenda,
I have been printing your beautiful pictures for my own journals. They are all so beautiful- thank you for that.
As I sit here tears are rolling down my face watching the tribute to your father. It was so moving. You did a beautiful job remembering him. Prayers to you and your family as we remember.
My dad was interviewed years ago when the tribute to the soldiers who fought at Iwo Jima was unveiled. I am lucky to have that video. The last words of the interview were ones I will always remember as he said “ let us never forget…”
Blessings,
Sharon

Glenda's World said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Glenda's World said...

Sharon, thank you so much for using my designs and taking the time to watch my tribute to my Dad. As a child growing up nobody knew the story of my Dad.When I joined Facebook I had a platform to tell his story and created the slideshow. Time moves on and as your Father so eloquently put it, "let us never forget"
Let me take this time to thank your Dad for his service. I have a page dedicated to American service men and women. I would be honored to add his photo to Veterans I have honored.
https://glendas-photo-gallery.blogspot.com/p/thank-you-american-veterans.html
You can send me his photo and info @. glendaj.s.world@gmail or message me through my Facebook page.

trrydms said...

What a fun site. I wandered in to find the poem and print for the 2 dead boys, but looked around at so many things. Thanks for taking the time to make so many fun things!

Glenda's World said...

Oh, thank you. Appreciate the kind words.
Did you find the poem ?

Here's the link if you didn't.

https://glenda-jsworld.blogspot.com/2013/10/two-dead-boys-poem-by-tyler-rager.html