Welcome to my World

Welcome to my World

My Birdbath Water Feature







Yesterday I was watering the plants and I notice this little flower bud on my Water Hyacinth.
This morning I couldn't wait to see if it had bloomed......what a pretty sight. Oh my goodness the aroma.......it smells so good.
Through the years I've  had many water gardens, but never had Water Hyacinth bloom.This was quite the surprise since I had chosen such a small and shallow pot/ bowl. Don't  be  discouraged, this goes to show you don't have to have a large pot to have a simple, but pretty  water- garden.

As you can see, the Water Hyacinth is just setting in the water. I did weigh the roots down with a few river rocks the first few days.
I can't help but wonder if the 1/3 cup of Miracle-Gro + 2Tbs. of Epsom Salts mixture given to the water a few weeks ago, might not have something to do with the production of a bloom ....
If you visited my blog this winter, you might be thinking that this birdbath looks familiar.....you would be right...it's the same birdbath I used as a fountain vessel this winter and this also gives me the  chance to remind you how pretty your fountains can be this summer with lights and plants added to them.





Click on the image to buy underwater lights
product image               
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog....

Yesterday's post

No comments :